Trump’s sudden announcement on social media on Monday got here after Iran stated it had responded to a brand new US proposal aimed toward ending the warfare.
Learn extra: US extends sanctions waiver on Russian oil for 30 days, Bessent says
Trump stated he would “maintain off on our deliberate Navy assault of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which was scheduled for tomorrow,” in a message on his Reality Social community.
The US president stated he had been requested to take action by the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates as “critical negotiations at the moment are happening.”
The Gulf allies consider “a Deal shall be made” that features “NO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR IRAN!” added Trump.
Trump stated he had knowledgeable the US navy “that we are going to NOT be doing the scheduled assault of Iran tomorrow.”However he stated he had “additional instructed them to be ready to go ahead with a full, massive scale assault of Iran, on a second’s discover, within the occasion that an appropriate Deal just isn’t reached.”
Additionally learn: ‘Will name on G7 to comply with sanctions regime on Iran,’ says US Treasury Secretary Bessent
Trump’s publish got here after Iranian Overseas Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed that Tehran’s views had been “conveyed to the American facet by way of Pakistan” however gave no particulars.
Trump had not beforehand disclosed that he was planning a strike for Might 19, however over the weekend, he warned, “For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, they usually higher get shifting, FAST, or there will not be something left of them.”
Trump has been threatening for weeks that the ceasefire struck in mid-April may finish if Iran didn’t strike a deal.
Trump, in latest days, has additionally spoken with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Chinese language President Xi Jinping in regards to the Iran warfare.
















